WHAT IS IT?
The first music theory night at Bobby Apperson Music Studio!
'Striking a Chord!' * Covering chords (what - how - why) and what to do with them!
This kicks off group classes on a variety of music & theory subjects.
Music theory is the study of how music is written and played. Music theory distills and analyzes the fundamental parameters or elements of music—rhythm, harmony (harmonic function), melody, structure, form, and texture.
WHAT ISN'T IT?
It is NOT a piano lesson and you don't have to perform or get up in front of people at all. A lot of it is written - on the board, on your clipboard, and then demonstrated and played.
* For adults
* Covering chords (what - how - why) and what to do with them!
* Visual, written, verbal and piano / interactive group lessons
* 7-8:30pm at the studio (PLEASE BE ON TIME or a bit early!)
* $20 suggested donation - some snacks and drinks will be available
* bring a friend or partner!
At the end you can vote on upcoming subjects, like:
More of the same
Songwriting & melody
Performance class / master class
Guest artist classes (voice, guitar, other)
Ear training (hearing intervals and chords without looking)
Harmony / Voice leading
Listening party and/or music history
Saturday June 14, 4-6pm:
Adult Recital + Party at the studio!