Back to All Events
Spring Songwriting Challenge through May 7, 2016!
PostCards from LA gives you guidelines and limitations to get you writing daily and keep you motivated by checking in with others.
- April 9 - May 7 / 4-week group challenge
- Daily writing / weekly batch of postcards due to Songsmith with your ideas on them
- Daily recording of short songs / jingles based on your cards
- Weekly round-up of your best and work on fleshing out one idea / stitching-together multiples
- At the end you'll have at least a dozen recordings, ideas from others, and cowriting opportunities; plus 1-4 long songs started // great for weekly song churning!
- Performances and listening party May 7, Saturday, 2pm @ Song Lab
- Participate anywhere in the US! We'll dial you in.
- THEME: Postcards from LA \\ Los Angeles, California, its people, places, sights, problems, opportunities. Just a launching pad. Both your time and lyric launching pad are constrained at first to keep you moving forward.