Spring Songwriting Challenge through May 7, 2016!
PostCards from LA gives you guidelines and limitations to get you writing daily and keep you motivated by checking in with others.
- April 9 - May 7 / 4-week group challenge
- Daily writing / weekly batch of postcards due to Songsmith with your ideas on them
- Daily recording of short songs / jingles based on your cards
- Weekly round-up of your best and work on fleshing out one idea / stitching-together multiples
- At the end you'll have at least a dozen recordings, ideas from others, and cowriting opportunities; plus 1-4 long songs started // great for weekly song churning!
- Performances and listening party May 7, Saturday, 2pm @ Song Lab
- Participate anywhere in the US! We'll dial you in.
- THEME: Postcards from LA \\ Los Angeles, California, its people, places, sights, problems, opportunities. Just a launching pad. Both your time and lyric launching pad are constrained at first to keep you moving forward.